The Philosophy of the EPGD introduce the students to the fundamentals and pragmatics of public administration and public policy so as to develop their capability to analyse and apply the skills and knowledge acquired during training in solving administrative problems in the public and private sectors. It is also designed to offer entry-level graduates and early career professionals in the public and private sectors with the opportunity to develop their careers in Public administration and management. The program is also delivered in a blended learning format, which offers Executive students with the opportunity to complete a professional diploma degree in record time and establish a valuable network, while still working full time. Driven by our three-pronged approach of context, analysis, and practice, the Executive MPA program delivers a versatile and robust skillset, specialized knowledge, and practical experience—which can be applied immediately to achieve the candidate’s professional and personal goals. In semester one, students are meant to focus on completing the core requirements in preparation for electives in the second semester. Practical, real-world experiences are woven throughout core and elective coursework. During the third semester, students are engaged in real-time internship placements while working on simple research topics based on their practicum experience. Through the Lead City University’s international graduate certification, EPGD students can also advance to Masters and Doctorate levels in Public Administration and Public Policy.
- Junior and Mid-level policy-makers with direct responsibility for providing technical assistance on developing government policies and/or providing information for drafting policy or program documents;
- Policy Advisors, Line Managers or Heads of Units/Department in non-profits or profit organizations;
- Early Career Civil Servants with at least 1 year post-NYSC experience within government ministries and agencies;
- Fresh graduates with no public sector experience apart from their National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) experience;
- Self-driven individuals ready to learn and apply their acquired skills in public or private sector organizations.
An applicant to be considered for admission to the Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration and Public Policy shall at the time of application:
- be an holder of a University degree with at least a Second Class (Lower Division), or an equivalent of a Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a Lower Credit Pass, or a National Diploma (OND) with at least a Pass or Lower Credit Pass, or National Certificate of Education (NCE) or other professional certificates, obtained from accredited programmes of recognized institutions;
- have obtained a minimum of 5 O’Level Credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings in related subjects (where required)
- be computer literate and able to access information from online sources;
- be proficient in the use of English Language
You can apply here now!