The Philosophy of the EMPA is to broaden and deepen the practical and intellectual exposure of the students in core public administration and public policy courses to develop their capability to analyse and apply the skills and knowledge acquired during training in solving administrative problems in the public and private sectors. It is also designed to offer busy public sector professionals the opportunity to progress their careers at national and international levels.The programme, which will be delivered in a blended learning format, offers Executive students the opportunity to complete a professional Maters degree in record time and establish a valuable network, while still working full time. Driven by our three-pronged approach of context, analysis, and practice, the Executive MPA program delivers a versatile and robust skillset, specialized knowledge, and practical experience—which can be applied immediately to achieve the candidate’s professional and personal goals. The program comprises of 3 semesters: In semester one, student’s focus on completing the core requirements in preparation for other core and elective courses in the second semester. Practical, real-world experiences are woven throughout both core and elective coursework in the first two semesters. During the third semester, students are engaged in real-time internship opportunities while working on simple research topics based on their practicum experience.
EMPA students can advance to doctorate levels in Public Administration while enhancing their expertise through the Lead City University’s international graduate certification.
- Top and Mid-level policy-makers (i.e. technical staff within ministries, government agencies, sub-national government structures, and parliament) with direct responsibility for providing technical advice on government policies and/or drafting policy or program documents;
- Career Civil Servants (technical and administrative personnel) within government ministries and agencies;
- Senior Policy consultants and Executive Managers in private sector-led corporations;
- Researchers in the academia and policy think thanks or other related institutions;
- Individuals with at least 2 years of practical post-certification experience in public management, public administration, policy development, or program management;
- Self-driven individuals ready to learn and apply their acquired skills in public or private sector organizations.
An applicant to be considered for admission into the Executive Masters in Public Administration and Public Policy shall at the time of application:
- be an holder of a University degree with at least a Second Class (Lower Division), or an equivalent of a Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a Lower Credit Pass, obtained from accredited programmes of recognized institutions;
- have obtained a minimum of 5 O’Level Credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings in related subjects (where required)
- be computer literate and able to access information from online sources;
- be proficient in the use of English Language
You can apply here now!